Monday, February 6, 2012

Crock Pot Potato Soup

Hello, my name is Sarah and I love potatoes and crock pots.

What is that pin I see?  A healthy crock pot potato soup?  I will give it a shot.

http://www.recipe-diaries.com

Such a simple recipe.  I was a little skeptical that it would have any flavor, and as always I was concerned about texture.

Oh, how wrong was I!  I am proud to admit I under-estimated myself and this recipe.

The spouse is a little under the weather, despite the fact that it is his birthday, but this soup plus tomorrow's post seemed to patch him up just fine.  Check back tomorrow for another amazing comfort food.

30 ounce bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
42 ounces of chicken broth
1 can of reduced fat Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1 block of reduced fat cream cheese.

Dump all of the above in a crock pot on low.  Wait 6-8 hours, drooling over the smell, and enjoy!  We topped ours with some shredded cheddar and chopped bacon.  I am already looking forward to leftovers.  I NEVER say that.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'm making this for dinner TONIGHT :-) Thanks for the yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete