Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green Onion

Hello, my name is Sarah... and this left me speechless.

I use a TREMENDOUS amount of green onion in my cooking.  I love the pop of flavor and color they add to everything.  Yes, they are inexpensive at the grocery store, but FREE is better, right?

The next time you buy a bunch of those yummy green things at the store, DO NOT throw the white parts away.  Stick them in a glass with water, and place them in a window that gets sun.  Voila!  They grow very quickly, and require no green thumb.    Just change out the water periodically, and you are good to go.

Thank you to the fine folks over at Homemade Serenity for the tip, and the images below.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! It really does work. Gonna try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So maybe I'm a moron...but I tried this one and absolutely nothing happened. I've done it with bok choy and it did work. Not sure what I did wrong. Once, when I was at the DeKalb Farmer's Market a lady told me that anything that has a bulb that you cut off (celery was her example) can be done this way or you can just plant the part you cut off and it will grow back. I am going to try this one again and hope it works!

    ReplyDelete