Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quick and Easy French Bread

Hi, my name is Sarah, and I have a love LOVE LOVE relationship with bread.    I tried going low carb once, and my husband was ready to trade me in.

Well, lookee there.  A pin for a recipe for French Bread.  Sounds perfect to go with my Sin Dip or Crock Pot Potato Soup.  Since the husband was returning home from a camping trip, I made this ridiculously easy bread while I waited for him.  He walked in and attempted to eat it prior to the Super Bowl party we were headed to that evening.  I ended up hiding the two loaves from him.

http://keephomesimple.blogspot.com


  • 2 1/2 Cups Warm Water
  • 2 T. Yeast
  • 2 T. Sugar
  • 1 t. Salt
  • 3 T. Oil
  • 6 Cups Flour
Add yeast, sugar and water together into a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.  Then add salt, oil and flour and knead together.  Place a towel over the bowl and let it rise for 15 minutes.  Roll out and separate into two loaves.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.  Make small, diagonal slices in the dough.  Bake at  375 and bake for 25-30 minutes.  

While it bakes, find a good hiding spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment