Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mississippi Sin Dip

Hello, my name is Sarah... and I love to entertain.  (Hush.)

Every December, my husband and I throw a holiday party.  Nothing fancy, but it sure is fun.  We are 9 years in, and each year seems to get better.  Maybe it is just that I can't remember that far back anymore.

Every year, I make a few of the same appetizers, but I like to add in new ones every year as well.  What in the world did I do before Pinterest?  (Iron, that's what.)  I pinned this early in my addiction, and it has served me well.  This weekend will be the fourth time I have made it, and I almost have the ingredients memorized.  Aren't those the best?

http://www.plainchicken.com

16oz sour cream
8oz cream cheese, softened
2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped ham
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
French bread loaf

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except French bread; stirring until well blended.

Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge, to cut out center of bread. Lift out center of loaf. Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip. Wrap loaf with foil. 

Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips. Or, if you are my husband or best friend, a spoon.



Oh, and GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment