Monday, January 30, 2012

Crock Pot French Dip

Hello, my name is Sarah... and I am addicted to sandwiches.

Tender beef?  Flavorful dipping au jus? Melted cheese?  Crusty bread?  I will take two, please.

This is a super simple recipe.  I didn't alter it at all, in anyway, and recommend you don't either.  My husband isn't a fan of French Dips (obviously there is something wrong with him), but he was a fan of this.  My older son ate the beef by the spoon full until we were concerned his stomach might explode.

If you are looking for a warm, comforting meal ready when you get home, try this recipe THIS WEEK.  I am drooling over the idea of eating this again.

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
approximately 3.5 pounds of beef chuck roast
16 ounce beef broth
10.5 can of condensed French onion soup
6 ounces of red wine (Keep the rest close to have with dinner!)
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
4-6 French Rolls
Sliced Provolone cheese, optional

Season the beef all over with salt and pepper.  In your slow cooker, add the beef broth, condensed French soup, wine, and garlic powder.  Place the beef into the liquid.  Cook for 6-8 hours, and it won't dry out as it cooks in liquid.
Serve on toasted French Rolls with provolone and a side of the liquid from the crock pot.  You might want to go ahead and make yourself two sandwiches.  Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment