Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello, my name is Sarah...


Hello, my name is Sarah... and I have a pinterest problem.

Ooh, ooh. Look! A pin that has a recipe of snickerdoodle muffins. Heck yes! Sign me up!


Ooh, ooh. Look! A pin that links you to a site full of photography tips. Now maybe my DSLR will make some sense.

Ooh, ooh. Look! A pin with a free pattern to crochet baby booties. Who cares if I don't know how to crochet? It is still cute, right?

Ooh, ooh. Look! A simple pattern for a sundress. No, I don't have a sewing machine, but I pin away.

I will sit down and say to myself, "I have 10 minutes, let's look at Pinterest." 4 HOURS later, my eyes are red, my online shopping carts are full and I have a list a mile long of projects I SIMPLY must do. Recipes, decorating, hairstyles, tips for cleaning a sink drain. Wait a minute. Did I just say I wanted to clean my sink drain? Pretty sure that my pinning addiction got the best of me.

Perhaps you are wondering what Pinterest is. It is a website where people, creative people, can "pin" their creations. If you click on the pin, you can be redirected to the original pinner's site, or blog, or store page where you may be able to purchase the item, or find directions on how to recreate their masterpieces on your very own. In short, it is an addiction.

I am hoping that as I struggle with my addiction, I can share my successes and failures with you. I am not nearly as creative as these folks, and will give all credit where credit is due.

Hello, my name is Sarah...

No comments:

Post a Comment