Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Ranchero

Hello, my name is Sarah, and I really could not care less about Mexican food.  I can take it or leave it.  My husband and kids love it.  Me?  Meh.
My favorite food at our Mexican joint is chicken nachos with NO jalapenos.  (I don't do jalapenos.  Shudder.)
Then I saw a pin that resembled the chicken in the aforementioned nachos.




  • 2 lbs chicken breasts
  • 1/2 a small bottle of zesty Italian dressing
  • 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 pkt ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)
  • 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin

Put all of the ingredients in a crock pot on low for 7-8 hours.  Your house will smell amazing and you will thank me, and the folks at Chef In Training.   We made nachos, burritos, pizza and salad with the chicken.  My five year old has requested this for dinner every night since. 

And?

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment